LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?


Monday, February 17, 2014

AND ON THE 7TH DAY, HE STILL WORKED

This is for the mentally exhausted college seniors.
Written By: Caleb Poling | Socialize: @CalebPoling 

Myself at work. On a Sunday. 





It's a Sunday morning. My alarm clock on my iPhone is a small series of alarms with five minute increments. The first alarm clock is to warn me I might have to wake up. The second alarm clock is the warn me that I actually have to get up. The third is to remind me that despite all of the tiring things I've done that week, I still have to wake up on weekends to work. 

     If you are a New Yorker, you get this. If you are a college student, you get this. If you are a senior, you absolutely understand this. 

     I'm taking 18 credits my last semester, working three to four days a week, involved in my school, searching for post-graduation jobs, and endlessly scrolling for affordable apartments in Brooklyn. 

     You know the drill. You come home from being so tired, that you're actually too tired to even be tired. You want to detach your feet from walking around or standing all day. Your eyes begin to cross on your Facebook and Twitter because you're too tired to read how other people are tired. You want to watch the entire new season of House of Cards, but alas you are too tired.

     It seems silly. Like this type of tired is too extreme and doesn't exist, but I assure you it does. It's when the anti-social turn to just the anti-everything. It's like annoyance evolved to this higher level of not being able to withstand the existence of any other humans around you. 

      Maybe this post would be longer - but I'm too tired.

MOST READ THIS WEEK

hello

HOME

MOOD BOARD

TWITTER

PINTEREST