LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?


Tuesday, December 17, 2013

MY BELOVED BUMBLE & BUMBLE EXPERIENCE

What the product-pampering, visually
 stunning hair experience can do to a guy.

Written By: Caleb Poling | Socialize: @CalebPoling 


     My relationship with my barber has been the most steady relationship I've had since moving to New York nearly three years ago. It's a nearby place in my neighborhood where they are relatively quick, and the pointless chatter is kept to an absolute minimum. Most of their questions can be answered with a nod. It's a quality I believe offers me protection from smalltalk. The crowd is fairly diverse, but the average guy that walks in reaches for the most recent GQ - leading me to believe that while this definitely wasn't a trendy place it was at least a place where men wanted to be somewhat informed.

    Fast-forward to a few weeks ago when I met a hairstylist who had the wit and humor that rivaled many of my friends. I complained that while I loved my barber, lately they just weren't listening when I was ready to get an actual styled haircut, something more than just "short on the sides and a little longer on the top". He insisted he could easily do that and that I should make an appointment with him at Bumble & Bumble. I was hesitant to make the switch from barber to salon but I was ready for change.

    I ventured down to the salon in Meatpacking and rode the elevator up, only to be greeted by a friendly staff at a desk. Upon checking in I was asked my preference on how I wanted to be contacted for my future appointments - a phone call or text? Champagne or coffee? Would I like to shop the store in the lobby or take a seat on the couch overlooking downtown and the Hudson River? 

     I was already hooked.

     The hair stylist listened intently as I described what I wanted, spun me around multiple times each step of the way so I was involved in the process. It was a two-way conversation that led to an end result in exactly what I wanted. (The shampoo and head massage certainty did not hurt.) I felt I was being heard, and ultimately received what I believe to be the best haircut I've ever gotten.  There's no doubt you get what you pay for, and I'll be returning. The end goal is just to get the best possible haircut during the best possible experience, and there is no doubt that this was achieved. 

MOST READ THIS WEEK

hello

HOME

MOOD BOARD

TWITTER

PINTEREST