LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?


Friday, September 14, 2012

Backstage GANT S/S 2013

BY: CALEB POLING

     As I walk backstage and turn the corner to see a row of models getting their hair and makeup done I am surprised by the sense of calmness that exists. Previous to arriving I had envisioned a world much more chaotic where everything and nothing was being accomplished. Instead, I found models reading quietly, some asking each other what languages they spoke. One model strolled in with an Obey hat and skateboard under his arm, placing both objects down and gently sitting down to be transformed by the team. This alone set the tone for both the presentation and the personality of the Michael Bastian brand.
     Dressed in all of the Spring 2013 gear, the models stood around waiting to have their looks fine-tuned by Michael himself as well as Eugenia Gonzalez, better known as @BastianGirl in the Twitter world. Mr. Bastian in his sneakers, BastianGirl in her however-many-inch heels. The collection was modern day American style - a strong emphasis on modern. The collection isn't gimmicky, it isn't dripping with a sense of costume or have the essence of trying too hard. Pure relaxed American fashion.
     Seeing the process from beginning to end was absolutely mesmerizing and inspiring. I can only hope the photographs below that I took while I attended the presentation can better explain what I saw and experienced. I even had the absolute pleasure of speaking with and interviewing Mr. Bastian (which is deserving an entirely different post). "It's all about the exploration and taking GANT where it has never been before." he tells me.





 (All photographs were taken by me. Please give credit should you decide to use an image.)

MOST READ THIS WEEK

hello

HOME

MOOD BOARD

TWITTER

PINTEREST