LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?


Friday, July 27, 2012

Realizing Your Personal Style

     As someone young in the fashion industry, or even not in the industry, it's sometimes hard to really pinpoint your personal style. How to like something, without necessarily adopting it, how to decide what is "you" and what isn't. There are countless books out there attempting to decide that for you, but all you really need is to be observant. Ask yourself three things: What's the aesthetic of that you've always had? What are you currently into? And what do you see yourself dressing like when you're older? When you begin answering those questions organically it becomes a little easier.
      Often I find myself saving pictures to my computer, knowing that I'll probably never be able to find them again online. When I look at them I start noticing trends, styles, colors, time periods, and icons that I relate to and admire. Recently I took some of those images and collaged them together making what you see below. It's Ivy League, it's nautical, it's simple, it's modern, it's clean, classic, it's fresh, it's optimistic. I can begin to see how all of the images are relative, making up my own personal style. Try it out for yourself. 












MOST READ THIS WEEK

hello

HOME

MOOD BOARD

TWITTER

PINTEREST