LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?


Friday, October 19, 2012

NUMBER:Lab Spring/Summer 2013

BY: CALEB POLING

     On Wednesday I headed over to the Garment District to check out some of the CFDA Incubator's collections. On my list of things to see was what designer Luis Fernandez created for the Spring 2013 collection of NUMBER:Lab. It was evident as soon as I walked in the studio that these were colors and clothes that men will not only appreciate, but will wear. Upon closer speculation, I realized just how much men will appreciate the clothing. It's a mixture between art and technology along with a blend of  sport spectator and athlete. The tennis inspiration is noticeable without being too literal.
     The word that kept pulsing through my thoughts was 'modern'. As I flipped through the clothes on the rack I couldn't stop obsessing over how new and fresh these clothes are and how genius it was because at the same time the clothes aren't intimidating. I wanted to wear them now, right now, before anyone else and I think to create that craving is exactly what brands should strive to create for the customer.









MOST READ THIS WEEK

hello

HOME

MOOD BOARD

TWITTER

PINTEREST